I’ve finally figured out that Google Custom Search hates my weblog templates: it’s been broken, apparently for months.
I’ve now replaced it with Bing! from Microsoft. Give it a try and see if you don’t get much better search results than you had been getting.
There is still some integration work to be done. It would be nice to be able to go back to the search page easily. I’ll partly solve that by adding “related files” to the posts when you come in from a search engine.
But it is such a wonderfully elegant solution. It was hard not to like. And, as far as I can tell, it doesn’t currently come with ads. Plus, I find Bing to give me better results, almost as good as I get with DEVONagent.
(Yes, I know it’s from Microsoft and I’m a Mac & RedHat user. Don’t go hatin’.)